FOLLOW THE LINK ON THE LEFT FOR MORE INFORMATION
I just want to welcome everyone back to another exciting year at FPS!!! I have many new ideas and cannot wait to implement them into the P.E. program. This year’s curriculum is influenced by North American standards and I will be also using some European Sports in order to broaden our students’ athletic understanding and development. My teaching philosophy revolves around respect, cooperation, team work, effort, participation and most of all having FUN!!! My goal is to have everyone enjoy being active, and to remain fit and healthy while having a good time doing it.
Some of the activities and sports which will be taught this year are:
- Cross Country Running
- Flag Football
- Cooperative Games
- Health & Fitness
- Floor Hockey-Golf
- Track and Field
- Ultimate Frisbee
- European Handball
- Team Building
Activities and sports taught will vary depending on the age group and will be modified appropriately for safety as well as to best suit the individual needs. I have also included some additional P.E. related information in the remainder of this letter so please be sure to read on! If you ever need to contact me you can reach me through the school, at my office or via the email address listed below.
Mr. M Page
The Phys Ed Uniform has already been outlined by the office so please abide by those standards. I also expect:
1) Proper footwear (running shoes required in the gymnasium and soccer shoes or cleats recommended for outdoor sports)
2) Absolutely NO jewelry (ie. Watches, earrings, rings, etc.)
3) NO GUM
4) Long Hair must be tied back...Always!!
- Athletic pants and sweatshirts can be worn for outdoor classes once weather gets colder. FOR HYGENIC purposes, I would also recommend that students (especially in upper grade levels) bring the following:
- Change of Socks (to help prevent athlete's foot) - Deodorant (sticks preferred NOT sprays)